The key Functions of the Directorate of Management Support Services are:
- To provide logistical, administrative and other support services, essential for effective and efficient operations of the Office of the Director for Public Prosecutions;
- To design, recommend and implement performance management systems for state attorneys in field stations;
- To recommend and implement systems for effective communication between field stations and headquarters and among field stations;
- To promote and coordinate working linkages and networks with existing and potential prosecution partners at all levels in the country;
- To provide back-stopping services for field stations including conducting high priority and complex prosecutions at field stations, plus carrying out on-the-job coaching, mentoring and training;
- To ensure effective participation of victims and witnesses in the criminal justice system and processes by supporting and protecting all witnesses before, during and after their testimony; and
- To properly manage, secure and safeguard records, computer and information systems ensuring their accuracy, authenticity, safety and ease of accessibility by authorized users.