MIKE J. CHIBITA
A Judge of the High Court of Uganda, he was appointed as Director of Public Prosecutions by His Excellency the President of Uganda, Yoweri Kaguta Museveni and commenced duty on 14th October 2013. At the time of his appointment, he was the Deputy Head of the Land Division at the High Court. Prior to that he was stationed in Masaka and Fort Portal as Resident Judge, from 2010-2011 and 2011-2013 respectively.
Concluded his primary education from Buwesa Primary School, Butaleja District in 1978 and joined Kings College Budo for both Ordinary and Advanced level education. He acquired a Bachelor’s Degree in Law from Makerere University in 1988, followed by a Diploma in legal practice from the Law Development Centre the next year. He holds a Master’s degree in International and Comparative Law from the University of IOWA, USA.
- Lecturer, International Relations and African History, North Western College, St Paul, MN, USA (1993)
- State Attorney, Attorney Generals Chambers (1994)
- Personal/Legal Assistant to the Attorney General (1995-6)
- Private Secretary /Legal Affairs to His Excellency the President (1996-2003)
- Principal State Attorney / Attorney General’s Chambers (2003-2005)
- Executive Assistant / Assistant Commissioner, Commissioner General’s Office - Uganda Revenue Authority (2005-2010)
- President, Advocates Africa 2013
- Member, Advocates International global council 2010 to date
- President, Uganda Christian Lawyers Fellowship (1998-2005)
- Board Chair, Scripture Union of Uganda (2008-2011)